Glimmer Press is thrilled to announce that we are now accepting submissions for our new short story anthology on the theme FUTURES.
At a time when our future seems at peril from various existential calamities, what does the future look like to you? We encourage you to think broadly and creatively about the theme and are especially interested in stories that provide a glimmer of hope in amongst the darkness. All genres are welcome.
Due to the success of our first anthology, Thrill Me, we can offer a $500 prize pool for FUTURES. We recommend you check out Thrill Me to see what Glimmer Press anthologies are about.
Conditions of entry
- Stories up to 3000 words will be accepted (sorry, no poetry).
- Flash fiction is encouraged.
- The collection will be edited by Glimmer Press’s publisher, Lynette Washington.
- The winning story will be awarded $200.
- Three runner up stories will be awarded $100 each.
- The winner, runners-up and all shortlisted entries will be published in the anthology. All writers retain copyright of their work. All shortlisted writers will receive a copy of the anthology and may purchase additional copies at a discounted price.
- Entries will be accepted up to 30 September 2022 and the anthology will be published in 2023.
- We will respond to all entrants after judging has been completed. Please allow several months for this process to occur.
How to submit your story:
- Submit your entry as a Word document (not PDF).
- Use a standardised font, such as Times New Roman, and double line spacing.
- Put FUTURES in the subject line of your email.
- In your email, include: your name, email address, phone number, the title of the story, the word count of the story, and a brief biography (100 words maximum). You can include your publication history, if applicable, in addition to the biography.
- Email your story to: email@example.com